The 2018 Summer BBQ, Wine Competition & Sausage Making will be held on Sunday July 15th at Cavallotti Lodge.
The Sausage Making Details
For those of you interested in making sausage the morning of the BBQ, please email Franco (email@example.com) by Sunday July 9th to place your order (if you haven’t already signed up at June’s wine meeting).
- Cost: $4.00 per pound – maximum order is 10lbs per person (payable to Franco)
- Start time: 10:30 am at the Lodge
- Bring: gloves for handling meat, apron, packaging to take home your sausage and your own spicing if you wish.
The BBQ Details
- 2017 Summer Wine Competition/BBQ Cost: $10 per person (payable to Nanaimo Winemakers – when you arrive at BBQ
- Club provides: BBQ’d sausage & buns
- Bring: Either an appy, salad, or dessert – please email Cindy to let her know what you are bringing, so she can coordinate food items.
- Your own protein if not eating sausage.
- Also, please bring your own wine, glasses, plates, eating utensils, napkins, chairs etc.
The Wine Competition Details
This year’s competition will be all about 2nd run wines (Doug Markin calls them patio wines). Wines that have been entered will be set out on the competition tasting table. This will be a blind tasting with no winemaker identification on the bottles. You may taste one, two or all wines – the choice is yours. Everyone attending the bbq will receive one ballot to vote for their favorite 2nd run wine. Ballots will be tallied at 5:30pm and the winner announced. The new Summer Social trophy will be awarded.
Nanaimo club members in good standing can enter one wine into the competition. If you wish to enter a wine, email Doug Markin (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get entry instructions.